CEO 47nord AG
47nord AG is a startup in the food sector developing the recipe app Shortcut. Our mission is to make cooking easier by helping people to get inspired with relevant suggestions and to manage their recipes from all sources (offline and online). Our app has a healthy retention rate and we are now starting to grow.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate foodie that can drive Shortcut to new dimensions.
The candidate is bringing marketing, user acquisition as well as revenue generation to the next level. Finding and executing the right strategy to make most use of the app’s potential in local and international markets. The ideal candidate has a strong background in B2C mobile app growth as well as proven leadership skills, and shows passion for cooking and food related topics.
The CEO will have primary responsibility for leading company operations, the overall growth
strategy, organizational leadership, financial and organizational management, external
communications, and marketing and sales efforts. He/she will also be responsible for the
development and management of advisor and investor relationships.
The CEO will also be responsible for providing the short term and long term company vision as well as the development of the sales and marketing strategy. He/she will also be responsible to achieve fundraising and revenue objectives.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in startup companies (or will have learned from
previous failures) focused on the wants and needs of consumers in the food app industry. She/he will be the face, voice and spirit of the company.
Part-time and remote work possible.
Focus During the First 12 Months
- Create an appropriate user acquisition strategy
- Develop and lead execution of product development, marketing and customer service
- Establish strategic partnerships with other companies to reach the ambitious user growth targets
- Create an appropriate short/long term vision
- Provide vision and leadership that attracts followers
- Public relations, including evangelising technology entrepreneurship through public speaking, digital media, and representing the startup sector.
- Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization
Strategy & Planning
- Develop short/long term company and product roadmap.
- Establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Build and motivate a world-class product, marketing and customer service team.
- Develop a financial plan for the organization
- Oversee operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances.
- Create and revise all content while building a world-class content development team.
- Establish strategic partnerships with other companies in order to reach the ambitious user growth targets
- As the company grows, builds and leads an effective and cohesive executive management team to include all company employees, while establishing a basic personnel policy, initiating and monitoring policies relating to personnel actions and training and professional development programs.
- Ensure the company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices.
- Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones to investors.
Requirements & Qualifications
- University degree, preferably MBA in the field of business administration and finance.
- Prior experience in sales and/or leadership efforts in a startup company preferably with a background in the B2C mobile app business.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English and German. French is a plus.
- Extensive experience in fundraising and investor relationships.
- Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams.
- Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations.